Young and Talented – London
Nurturing and developing young people for Stage, Screen and Life.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Call: 020 8556 5348
Triple Talent Training
For ages 6 – 16
Every Saturday 10:30am-1:30pm.
Oxford House, Bethnal Green E2 6HG
Triple Talent Training
For ages 5 - 16
Every Saturday 12.30pm - 3.30pm
Theatre Peckham, 221 Havil St, Camberwell, London SE5 7SD
Who We Are
Our students are using Y&T to find their own creative voice. Our 39 week programme equips children with the ability to be confident in everything that they do, to celebrate their individual personalities and to working cooperatively throughout their creative development and leadership.
Y&T continues to raise its profile to new levels, become an important community resource and takes part in a host of event opportunities. Under the guidance of award winning actress and director Suzann McLean a fantastic team practitioners bring the sessions to life each week. This unique mix of talent and passion has created an inclusive working practice that is proving successful throughout all aspects of Y&T life.
- Develops confidence, charisma and creativity.
- Encourages different ways of thinking and behaving.
- Improves emotional intelligence so young people can think with feeling and free thought.
- Promotes integration to celebrate cultural and ethnic heritage and background.
- Ensures that children and young people get the best experience possible.
- Teaches the core fundamental skills required to become a professional.
- Ellis George (18) – in Dr. Who.
- Jordan Benjamin (17) – Plays Dibber in CBBC’s Rocket’s Island.
- Reece Buttery (16) – Stars in Gangsta Granny the film adaptation of David Walliams Book, playing the lead character Ben.
- The Real Deal – winners of Sport Relief Does Glee Club 2012 performed at the Indig02 and released a song on itunes that they created themselves called I’m Young http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQ3iGWwWBo
- Winners of the Ebony Business Recognition Award 2013 for Entertainment
- Reece Buttery (12) – plays Mo in CBBC’s BAFTA winning drama The Dumping Ground
- Sam Hudson – Feature Film Vendetta
- Cerise Reid – Finian’s Rainbow – Charing Cross Theatre
- Winners of a BBC Performing arts fund award
You Tube - TheYoungAndTalented
Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_and_Talented_School_of_Stage_and_Screen
Facebook - YoungAnd Talented
Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/youngtalented/boards/
Twitter - @YTTheatreSchool
What parents said:
“One of the audience members, an actress friend of yours, came up to Erica after the show to commend her on her performance and said that she had great presence on stage and believed that she should take her talents further – how wonderful for a professional to spot her potential!”
“I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for bringing a smile on Paris’s face. […] Words cannot express how grateful we are as a family that the little boy we thought was lost to the bullying was simply hidden away.”
What students say:
“I just thought I would inbox you to tell you how much I enjoyed today’s lesson! I had lots of fun in drama, dance and singing. It has made me a lot more confident already also it’s making me think that I could become a brilliant actor one day.” Jack (13)
“Young and Talented is a life changing experience. I’ve always dreamed of being on TV and now its actually happening. I’ve also never been outside of England. Young and Talented has meant the world to me including the children and Suzann. I love the privilege to do this.” Jordan (12)
Baroness Pola Uddin said “It was a wonderful experience; I loved every word and all the music, all the young people are an inspiration.”
Y&T mission is to Engage, Enthuse, Educate, Enrich and Empower young people to pursue life with passion and purpose.
It is our ethos that all children and young people, regardless of class, background or financial status should be given the chance to increase their confidence and reach their full potential through participation in the arts.
Young and Talented nurturing and developing young people for stage, screen and life